BP #5 Music


BP #5 Music


The types of music that I chose were punk, techno, electroclash, house the nineties. The reasons why I have chosen those ones are because nearly all have reminded me a lot of what I listened to when I was younger. 

Green Day

For the music movement of punk, I chose a group of artists that are called "Green day". A green day is a group that arose from the northern California punk. The band originally occurred when Billie Joe Armstrong (guitarist) Mke Dirnt (bass guitar) formed when they were fourteen years old they called their banned Sweet Children. Later, on they added a drummer called Al Sobrante and this was the start of Green Day.

I chose Green day because specifically of this one second in which is in the link.  This song is very popular and for most is now already overheard. For me in the other hand, it is a song that I heard only a couple of times back in Europe and this song would be one of my idea of how America looked like in the music industry and I would find it so impressive. 

In terms of technology Green day definitely fits in with electronics. Bands now idea might be known a lot through the internet but Green day we really are known for their spectacular concerts. Where lights would flash everywhere and different colors. Also, the guitar's would have different tunes in which they would be able to change make their guitar deeper pitch or higher.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Soa3gO7tL-c.

Neimer

For this music movement of techno, I chose Neimer. The only reason in which I have chosen him is that techno and his music use to be my favorite type of music when I was young. I create loads of little songs inspired by him when I was young. This song that I have chosen my all-time favorite mixes that Neimer has made called " Two heart together Techno is absolutely full of electronic music. It might possibly be the full integrity of electronics. It uses the same sound and uses repetition but changes the pitch and tones of the sounds. By putting all of them together in orders it creates music in which no words are used.

  "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47cIrZFjsdg


Fischerspooner

Fischerspooner is a duo creating electroclash performance. They formed their band in 1998 in new york city. The reason I chose this duo because while doing some research on electroclash I found their music to be extremely different to others that I have heard. The style is deep inside the electronic voice. While listening to their songs I could clearly hear voice changer and change of tunes. They used it too make a different pitch in their voice but also vibrate their voice through the mic to have a metallic voice such as a robot. I chose them as they were specifically different from the others. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4uSTdJo4zk

Axwell &Ingrosso

For this music movement of house, I chose Axwell &Ingrosso. House which is actually called in complete electro house clearly states in its name uses electronic music. Once again, I have also been so much into electro house as it extremely popular in Europe in which has similarly to EDM. I chose these artists because I have always followed their music as soon as they come out. Axwell and Sebastian Ingrosso are two duo DJ who first starts as trio's but then later on decided to only be two and start doing house all around the world by 2014. Now Electro house is a mixer of everything it uses the voice of people the music of people mixes it up altogether. It uses repetition of music and voice. Electronic and technology play a major role in all of this.

The places where most people get popular is on the internet but once they have an audience they instantly go to the concert in which they performed. They would use a large number of electronics to make a whole scene with lights smoke and more. The music and tunes once again completely change all around thanks to the technology of remixing tablets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsF05B8TFWg


2Pac

For this music movement of the nineties, I chose 2Pac. Now, this is completely different from the four other in the sense of using technology. 2Pac with original Tupac Shakur. Was born in 1971 and died in 1996. He grew up in the harlem. I chose this artist because he was completely different from all the others and wanted to challenge myself and see if even though his intent is not to focus on electronic does he still have technology or electronic. In his raps, he is speaking about real life things that occurred. It was a way for him to express himself to others through his raps. In order to explain how rap work I will be giving an example of one of his rap called " Dear Mama". The aim is to have some type of beat in the background and the rapper to the rapper on top with it. The rap flows with the background and word are put in to flow with the beat properly. Through listening you will be able to hear that it is actually electronic in it.

There are loads of repetitions of music that could not be possible without technology. To create this beat there was the use of electronics. So even though this did not have an intent of technology and electronics the background included it. Therefore I would also include this to be in the technology and electronic music 
   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb1ZvUDvLDY












Comments